Hello people, who may or may not like romance anime, this review is for you. Check out my take on Ao Haru Ride.
Ao Haru Ride reminded me of a different anime called Orange but not as good and without the time travel. This isn’t my usual kind of romance anime but I did like it. It was cute, casual, and funny.
Things I liked about Ao Haru Ride:
- The main character
- Going from bad relationships to healthy relationships
- Cute best friend
- Group study sessions
- Backstories 🙂
- The chemistry between my main ship of the show
- the opening song
Things I didn’t like:
- Love triangle? What love triangle?
- No one looks that pretty after crying (mostly just jealous not a major thing)
- I’m just not one of those people who can get behind teacher-student relationships sorry
- Poor blonde guy (sorry don’t remember his name)
- Timing of some of the more heavy stuff in the show…
- Looking back several months later and it’s not super memorable
Overall, I give this movie an 8/10. I probably won’t watch this anime again. What’s your favorite romance anime? If you liked this. check out other similar reviews I’ve done: