Hello people, who may or may not have siblings, this review is for you. Check out my take on Himouto Umaru-chan!
Are you a sibling? Do they drive you nuts? Do you enjoy sitting around playing games and watching anime and reading manga? I mean I sure hope you fall into the last category, otherwise, I kinda feel the need to ask why you’re reading my take on Himouto Umaru-chan. (No offense intended).
By day, Umaru is a good student and loved by her peers. This is a ruse. As soon as she gets home, she dons her hamster cape, transforming into her anime-watching, gamer self, who shuns all responsibility, snacking all the time. How does she survive? Her older brother Taihei.
What I liked about Himouto Umaru-chan:
- Comedy (after the first three episodes)
- Girl from the countryside (she’s cute)
- The “rival” (she’s funny and Extra™)
- Every anime has a beach episode
- Character development (especially in the main character)
- team rocket like disguises
- The food
- The references
What I wish was different
- Main character (especially in the first three episodes, i wanted to slap her)
- How the older sibling puts up with his younger sibling’s laziness (I’m an older sibling so I guess this just really struck home)
- Team rocket disguises but still no one knows who it really is? Really?
- It’s sad that the main character can’t be honest about what she really likes and feels the need to create fake identities so that her friends (who are all kinda nerdy themselves) will accept her.
Overall, this anime gets a 7/10. I think it gets much better after the first three episodes. Thank you for reading my take on Himouto Umaru-chan, I appreciate it. Comment below your favorite video game. If you like my content, consider subscribing to my mailing list and if you want a review on something similar, click here.