Have you ever watched the Lion King and wished we saw the movie from Nala’s perspective? Introducing Netflix’s Ophelia.
Ophelia loves learning from her older brother. She finds favor with the queen and becomes one of her handmaidens. But there is evil afoot. Claudius murders his brother, the king in order to have the queen for himself. Ophelia and Hamlet, the true prince of Denmark, have fallen in love and now Hamlet must avenge his father. Meanwhile, Ophelia has other kinds of trouble.
Comments while watching
- Oh oh phelia🎶🎶
- Floating in a pool can be so relaxing
- Originally told by William Shakespeare
- Hamlet, Claudius’ mortal enemies
- Imagine reading smut to your future mother in law
- Homeboy was trying to help her
- Whoops didn’t mean to insult mom
- She just wanted a small cry
- The throne
- Later there may be ghosts
- You took her ribbon
- Right person, wrong time doesn’t mean it won’t work later
- I didn’t know Rosencrantz and Guildenstern were in this story
- Ghost time
- Oof poor Hamlet
- Aw poor lady in the woods
- Song of Solomon?
- Deft, ample
- Get thee to a nunnery
- Oh it’s the play within a play part
- So much is happening
- Finally the queen says something
- Wow Claudius
- Either way she loses
- Shakespearean tragedy
- Awww what’s her name?
Thank you for reading my take on Ophelia, I appreciate it. Comment below your favorite retelling of Shakespeare. If you like what I do, consider subscribing to my mailing list and if you want to watch something similar, click here. I’ll see you in the next post!